PBEC in Brief…
- Founded in 1967, the Pacific Basin Economic Council is the oldest independent business association to link the economies of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Over the years PBEC and its members have given rise and support to both the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC), as well as nurturing the formation of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation group otherwise known as APEC. PBEC has a long and significant relationship with both organizations.
- Today, PBEC is THE independent voice of sustainable business and trade across the Pacific … an organization of business leaders seeking access and opportunities. Completely independent and apolitical, PBEC and its members offer important counsel to business and governments alike.
- PBEC’s member footprint includes the 21 economies of APEC and beyond.
APEC economies include: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, The Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, The United States, Viet Nam.
- PBEC is the only private business organisation that links all the Pacific Latin American countries with the business hubs of Greater China.
- PBEC Members are typically CEO’s, business owners, leading experts in their chosen field and senior board members. They form an exclusive business community peer group and network, each committed to identifying opportunities and guiding members in their fields or geographies.
- PBEC Members have automatic, privileged access to the APEC CEO Summit each year – an invitation only event amongst others.
- PBEC has partnerships with global organisations that provide access to other key business leaders, such as the APEC China Business Council, Asia Pacific Services Coalition (APSCo) the B20, Hong Kong ASEAN Foundation, Horasis Global events, the International Intellectual Property Commercialisation Council (IIPCC), The Institute of the Americas, the Mexican Chamber of Commerce, Singapore Business Federation, Society of Family Offices in Asia, World Chinese Economic Summit and others.
- PBEC’s international secretariat is headquartered in Hong Kong and has key business hubs in Kansai, Tokyo, Singapore, and Shanghai. We are also connected to affiliates in San Francisco, Toronto and in LATAM – specifically Columbia, Peru, Chile and Mexico.
- Issues Management and advocacy on behalf of our members is also an important attribute of service provision to PBEC Members.