Dear PBEC Members,
I am pleased to share a wonderfully insightful recording of the LIVE dialogue session PBEC moderated on “The Future of Work in the Digital Economy – Technology, Education, Talent and Training”, at the recent hybrid World Digital Economy and Technology Summit co-organised by the PBEC and hosted by the KSI Strategic Institute for Asia Pacific at the Majestic Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 28-29 June 2022.
From a PBEC perspective we are interested in three main trends being observed across Asia Pacific.
- The final share of remote and hybrid work v traditional return to the workplace in a post covid global economy.
- The fundamental rethink underway Governments are undertaking at the connection between Education and Work as well as catering for an explosion of adult learners.
- The way in which technologies are changing the types of jobs and roles that are in high demand. Utilising technology as an enabler rather than being left behind by it.
Our dialogue and wonderful panel of experts share some of the viewpoints on this as we sought to hear possible solutions/initiatives to address some of these challenges we face regionally across APAC.
Moderated by: Michael Walsh PBEC CEO
Panellists in order of speaking:
- Dr. Sumitra Nair Senior Vice President- Strategy & Policy, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Mr. Anthony Raja Devadoss – Director & Senior Client Partner Korn Ferry, Malaysia
- Ms. Wei Su Hwa – Co-Founder and Director of Digital Way Academy (DWA)
- Mrs. Rita Irina Wahab – Vice President Public Affairs & Communications Huawei, Malaysia
- Madam Hajah, Mahuran Sarodato’ Haji Sariki – Vice President, Group Research, Development & Policy at Talent Corporation
- Mr. Zulkarnain Asnawi – Solution Consultant & Advisory at Fortinet
- Mr. Hazmin Abdul Rahim – Director of Industry Business Architect – Public Sector, SAP, Malaysia
I implore you to take some time out to watch and listen to this enthralling discussion, in particular I found Dr. Sumitra of MDEC, Mr. Anthony Devadoss of Korn Ferry, Mrs Rita Wahab of Huawei and Mr. Zulkarnain Asnawi of Fortinet comments and predictions very enlightening, not taking anything away from the other 3 panellists who were equally forthcoming with their own insights and future vision sharing.
To watch and listen simple click here: YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/Gx5Eghr8RHQ
Other recordings links to note of from the same two-day summit PBEC Co-organised can be found below including opening remarks from PBEC Chairman Andrew Weir:
Opening Keynote Address
World Digital Economy and Technology Summit 2022 – PBEC Chairman Andrew Weir MBE JP Opening Remarks
Special Keynote Address by H.E. Pascal Lamy
Special Conversation with Mr. Narayana Murthy
Special Address by Prof David Lee Kuo Chuen
Special Addresses: H.E. Sandiaga Uno
Session 1: Digital Leadership – Go Big with Digital: Shaping Digital Transformation
Closing Keynote Address